Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Apr'16 Favourites

1. Fashion

Since it's study week, and weeks approaching study week is filled with assignment due dates and such, I've found absolutely no time to get all dressed up for anything.
I'm always up 'til late and have 20 minutes at most to get myself together the next morning, which everyone would know, really means 5 minutes because I take a year to put on makeup.
No thanks to the stress the semester's putting on me, which shows on my face (population: acne), I've been spending more time on concealing spots and the Pradas under my eyes.

So, my favorites will be based on the looks I've seen online that I've discovered or re-discovered this month. Most are highly influenced and inspired by Korean fashion bloggers.


The trend started way before this year, but it's slowly making a comeback. Not so much in the French fashion world, where it started, but increasingly amongst Korean stars and fashion bloggers.
Being so associated with the French culture, and the French being so associated with elegance, berets are usually paired with clean-cut coats or with nothing at all (looking at you, Ms. Moss). 
Now, though, it's seen being paired with more casually looking clothes, which is amazing news to people like me who don't have anywhere fancy to go wearing a $5,000 designer coat. 
As much as I love it, it's way too inconvenient (and panas) to wear in KL, which is why I'm crossing my fingers for something big happening later this year that has something to do with me actually being able to wear this gorgeous piece of clothing.  



Possibly my favorite trend, dare I say, ever. 
I've always loved oversized shirts, much much more than those fitted women cut ones. I never buy those. I've got a weird body shape, and any piece of clothing that highlights that is a no-no.
And whenever I wear those shirts, I tend to roll or fold the sleeves up, which does work sometimes with the entirety of the outfit, but it's nothing special.
What I do now is get shirts 3-4 sizes bigger than my actual size, send them to alteration for everything but the sleeves. Weird, I know, I get judged by the tailor all the time.
Or if I don't have time (..money) to send them for alteration, I'll just chuck them all under my jeans, belt it, and tada! 
Not a big thing amongst international brands (yet), but I know Korean fashion houses have started to purposely make sleeves longer than the length of the shirt to create the sleeve paw effect, which I love love love. But since Korean clothes in KL costs an arm and a leg, I'll make do with what I have and make the tailor my new best friend. Until my next trip to SoKo. 
It is also, I might add, ustaz papa approved. It's loose and covers more skin? Brilliant! 



I'm basically instantly attracted to anything and everything in emerald this month. Everything, from jewelry, clothes, head pieces, pants. 
It's so regal, and I find that it compliments tan skin like mine, which not many colors do. 


2. Shows


We Got Married, Eric x Solar
To be honest, I've never been a fan of this show, despite it being my sister's main reason for mental breakdowns for some years already. 
I don't know, the idea of a virtual marriage and cameras following around a couple on dates just seem so unnatural and because the men in the relationship is usually a megastar in the Korean industry, the girl in the relationship always seems way too shy (or scared) to do anything. 
But because I'm personally a fan of both Solar and Eric, I decided to give their series a shot. 
And I looooooove it. It's only their 3rd episode, and they're so cute! So! Cute!
I think it's mainly because Eric's from the States, so he's definitely more open-minded than the rest of the men on the show, and Solar's just.. Solar. 
I will definitely continue watching, and will definitely cry when the season ends (yes, they have to "break up" when the producer tells them to - see! exactly why i didn't like this show before!



Page Turner
Masya Allah, Page Turner.... sigh. Jisoo........ sigh...
Don't know if this can be considered a "show", because it's only 3 episodes long. So it's technically a 3-part movie, aired a part a week. 
I might be biased, it might not be everyone's cup of tea, not everyone's going to enjoy this as much as I did, probably due to the fact that I am deeply in love with Jisoo, and everything he says or do makes me want to jump out the building with a smile on my face. 
Jisoo starred in a movie with my main bae, Suho, and has since then created a beautiful friendship that I can only wish to be a part of one fine day. 
But besides just being Suho's best friend, he is an amazing actor. I honestly don't know if he becomes the character or the character becomes him, because he is an extremely shy person in interviews, but he oozes personality in his films. 
This drama is also very different from all the other dramas I've watched because although the casts are two male lead and one female lead, you'd think a love story is definitely due. But it's not! 
Which, tbh, not too sure I was happy about because I'm dying to see boyfriend Jisoo. 


3. Music on Replay

Sam Kim ft. Crush, No Sense


Ariana Grande, Be Alright


Dynamic Duo, 날개뼈 (Hot Wings)



4. Reads


I'm not a book person, in all honesty. I can never go through a story book without stopping mid-way because it's all too predictable. Only very few books have seen me go through it cover to cover.
(Girl from the Train is one of them. From a girl who doesn't read so much, believe me - it's good!)

But this one.. oh, this one's too good. It's not a fictional story book, which is exactly why I love it.
It's about Amy herself, self-narrating her (hilarious) life through stories about being an unfashionable "somebody" in the fashion industry. 
She talks about her first job during fashion week with borrowed heels she swore to never wear ever in her life, interviews with the likes of Anna Wintour & Adriana Lima (and her unsaid monologues during), and the ugly beginnings everyone dreaming about being in the industry has to know about.
I love her humor, her honesty, and how her stories are strangely comforting. Knowing someone who started with zero knowledge on fashion and a burning desire to go far in the industry now has people like Bryanboy reading her self-written book. #goals 


4. People I can't take my eyes off 


@redvelvet.smtown 
This comeback is the best looks for my girls, ugh beauty multiplied by 5.

@nctunit
Ten, Thai in a Korean boy group, has the longest name that I will not try to pronounce, beautiful smile and dances like a dream. Younger than me by 15 days, but who's counting.

{Aimee} @songofstyle
{Dani} @songdani
My absolute favorite power sisters. I look up to these two like no other, hope Nadia & I get to be the Malaysian version of them in a few years. Beautiful, fashionable, Korean sisters.

@sundayswithstella
Definitely my career role model.
Started off being a trainee for SM Ent, quit, continued her studies in NYU, made it big, blogs and is basically a walking, talking piece of art. 
I love Stella for her modest approach to fashion, and very underrated for someone so successful on her own, based solely on her intelligence and creativity.


Until next month!

x
Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment